Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Goodbye Too Early...

So I'm taking a break from my very self centred blog for the night...

I got a text from my sister 2 days ago.  She informed me that a family we know from Paris has had the unthinkable happen, a death far too early...  I don't know this couple well, but in the few times I had the privilege of meeting them, I thought of them as one of the happiest couples I had met.  My sister has confirmed my assumptions many times.

Lynne and her family has had to say goodbye to a wonderful husband and father, Al.  A tragic accident that should never had happened.  Starting out as typical day I'm sure, then the dreaded call.

Have we taken the time in our so horribly hectic lives to say what needs to be said?  Have we hugged and kissed our kids as we are kickn' their little draggy butts out the door in the morning to catch the bus?  When's the last time you talked to your parents or your siblings?

We take these things for granted.  In a flash, they could be taken from us.  These accidents happen all the time, but when its close to home it hammers me in the gut.  We probably all put work, chores, sports and running around before those who mean the most to us.

To my family and friends, I love you all.  I don't say it enough, I don't show it enough.

To Lynne, no words can honestly relay how I horrible I feel for your loss.  Al was a true gentleman, and love radiated from him towards you every time I saw you two together.  Be strong, ask for help.  Remember Al as you watch your children grow.  Remember him in actions and mannerisms you see in them.  Talk with them about the good times, keep him a part of your lives as he always will be.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment