Friday, March 11, 2011

Ross's Rules...

If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.  Wow, the world would be instantly silent don't ya think??  I have a confession to make.  I am a caddy person.  I constantly ramble about myself and how I'm soo hard done by.  I figure I'm a constant steaming kettle, I need not wait for a boil... cause, well,  I'm impatient.  So, when I accidentally hear ramblings about me, I get upset.  How sooo hypocritical is that?  I can dish it out, but absolutely can't take it.

Why don't we follow this simple little rule?  A rule Mark told me his Grandpa Ross lived by...  Why is it so easy for us to chirp about others, but when its reversed, we get so offended?  This is typical, I think,  for everyone.  We all overstep sometimes and without even realizing it, hurt someone through words.  We have the right to free speech, but we abuse that right.  Sometimes, we need to filter...  I'm still waiting for that part to be delivered for this model...

The most embarrassing part of this bad habit I have, is when I actually become a target, I really get no sympathy.  Well deserved, I might add.  I try to talk to Mark, but him being the voice of reason, reminds me of what I have said about them...  Sucks.  Then, on top of being hurt, I feel like a real poop.  Guilty.  I admire Mark for his quiet nature.  Yes, he gets mad (once in a blue moon) and will chirp...  but very rarely. I guess thats why we fit...??

My new goal in life is to be a nicer person.  (stop laughing all who know me).  I want a filter.  I want to train my brain to think before my mouth opens.  This will be a challenge for me.  I am a complete spaz and don't usually shut up long enough to realize I said anything at all.

Confessions of a Gossip Girl...
Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment